Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you duplicate a user group? When using "Duplicate" option it gives a constraint error

on 10/3/15, 6:41 AM 487 views

I try to simply duplicate the Warehouse/Manager group so I can define a new group with less permissions.

But I got:

"Constraint Error

The name of the group must be unique within an application!"

It seems like the duplicate function is not changing the name to "Manager (Copy)" or something like that.

I think this is a bug, extensively reported, as can be seen at the web. It happens not only with groups, but with journals also. Seems that the "duplicate" function only works OK when there is not a constraint. It should work even if the constraint exists, in order to allow to reproduce every property of the record, except the name.

Daniel Blanco
on 2/23/16, 7:32 AM
Marko Happonen
On 10/4/16, 2:46 PM

You can Export the user group to xls/csv and Import it with another value in 'Name' field. This makes a duplicate and you can adjust the new entry as you wish. Tested and works fine.

Maurice Agée
On 10/3/15, 9:17 AM

If it is a new group then new name . answer is in your question !..

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/3/15, 6:41 AM
Seen: 487 times
Last updated: 10/4/16, 2:46 PM