Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you duplicate a menu from one module in another module?

By
Ademola Oke
on 12/30/13, 7:46 AM 530 views

I'm trying to duplicate a menu from one module in a different module. The format I have used so far is this:

<record id="action_new_id" model="ir.actions.act_window">
  <field name="name">Menu Name</field>
  <field name="res_model">old_model.name</field>
  <field name="view_type">form</field>
  <field name="view_mode">tree,form,graph</field>
  <field name="search_view_id" ref="old_model.old_model_search_view"/>
  <field name="view_id" ref="old_model.old_model_list_view"/>
</record>  

<menuitem action="action_new_id" id="menu_new_id" parent="parent_menu_id" sequence="2" groups="new_model.group_1,new_model.group_2,base.group_no_one"/>

After installing the module, I don't see the menu. Can anyone identify any problem(s) with the method I'm using?

Did you refresh your browser - F5 - ?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/30/13, 5:05 PM

Yes I did. Its definitely not a browser problem. I suspect it has something to do with the permissions. The admin user can see the menu but a user in group_1 or group_2 cant.

Bam Technologies Limited, Ademola Oke
on 12/31/13, 1:57 AM

Export the groups to get their XML ID, then use those instead of "new_model.group_1".

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/31/13, 2:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/30/13, 7:46 AM
Seen: 530 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM