Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
1) Navigate to
Manufacturing --> Products --> Bill of Materials
2) Enter the name of the component product in the Search Box, and apply the search to Components:
3) You will see just the BoM's that have the component product:
4) You can click each of them to see the full list of components:
5) You can also select the BoM's, and from the More menu, select Bill of Materials Structure:
Note 1) The search does not include the product part number (Internal Reference)
Note 2) If you copy/paste a product name from elsewhere in OpenERP or from an application like Excel then even though it may appear to be the correct product name it will not work because some hidden characters are included.
The "Where Used" functionality is supposed to be under Manufacturing --> Configuration --> Bill of Material Components
but it does not produce a "Where Used" search result as you would expect. At the moment of writing this, using v7 and the demo data, the above function will perform as follows.
- Go to Manufacturing > Products
- Find product "PC-DEM"
- Go to its BOM
- Note that product "[LCD15] 15â LCD Monitor" appears as a component in this BOM.
- We will search for all BOMs that have this LCD as a component.
- Go to Manufacturing > Configuration > Bill of Material Components
- Enter in the search box "15â LCD Monitor", pick "Search Bill..." from below the box.
- Result: Empty search.
- Enter in the search box "15â LCD Monitor", pick "Search Components" from below the box.
- Result: Empty search.
- Enter in the search box "15â LCD Monitor", pick "Product [LCD15]..." from below the box.
- Result: 2 items in the list. These are the names of BOMs (not products) where the product is used but you can't click them to get to the BOM. If your BOM names are not unique then you can't retype the "Parent BOM" name to find that BOM.
- Click on the first, "PC Assemble + 2GB RAM", this will take you to what appears as an empty BOM. If you click on the Product, this will not take you to the BOM where the LCD is used.
- Click on the second, "PC Assemble + Custom...", this will take you to what appears as an empty BOM. If you click on the Product, this will not take you to the BOM where the LCD is used.
The BOMs we see in steps 13 and 14 are not actual BOMs despite the fact that they are presented in the form view for BOMs. These are the raw database records of a pointer between a Product and a BOM.
Conclusion: If your BOM names are unique then once you have the search results you can retype (can't copy/paste) them one by one to get to each of the BOMs in your search results. If your BOM Names are non-unique then you can't tell which BOM to go to, i.e. there is no "where used" functionality in OpenERP v7 for you.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/7/14, 9:01 PM|
|Seen: 1560 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|