This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Odoo 12 community.  Ubuntu.

Si​tuation:  You make a Purchase Order.  Then you receive what the Vendor has sent you.  But there are items that aren't shipped and you create a Backorder for those.

Eventually, you wish to remove a line item from the backorder because you no longer expect/want to receive it.

You try to remove the line item, but get the error: "You can only delete draft moves."

How do you delete a line item from a backorder receipt?​  

Screenshot
\https://pasteboard.co/IyNW87s.png

Discard
Best Answer

Cancel the whole receipt. Then copy it. 

The copy will be in draft mode, and you can delete / change before you click on To Do. 

Don't forget to take care of the purchase order. What works on the sale module is to change the quantity of the line. But that does not delete it. 

Discard
Author

I think this is the best it's going to get. Now to see if the department involved likes the solution. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello Russ Schneider,

I don't know why you are going for a deleting option. In my opinion that is not a good strategy. also Odoo does not support this, from my understanding.

This is what I think is better,

Instead of Deleting, Cancel that order.

Scenario:

Receive only what the Vendor has sent you.

Then don't create backorder. If you select NO Backorder option, It will go to cancel state.

By this, you will get full tracking of your order cycle.

Edited:

Scenario:

Step 1: You can receive it. That only what the vendor has sent you.

Step 2: There are items that aren't shipped and you create a Backorder for those. But you did not validate that Backorder at that time.

Step 3: Eventually, you wish to remove a line item from the backorder because you no longer expect/want to receive it.

Step 4: Then take that Backorder you created. and receive only that vendor send you. (i.e: deduct the quantities that you are not expecting).

Step 5: This time also. It asks for Creating Backorder or No Backorder at the time of validating the already created Backorder(2nd step).

Step 6: Select the option NO Backorder now.

Step 7: As a result, non-expecting products will be going to the cancel state.

Note: I started the previous answer from the 4th step of the edited answer, I think maybe that is why you guys confused. We have the option to create Backorder again for Backorders. I could not find any problem in this scenario. 

Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I was taken the question from a different perspective. Kindly expecting your advice.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash N K

Discard

The case described is that part of the backorder will be received. And also consider that at the time of the first receipt, the operator do not know that that part of backorder is not relevant.

Dear Lars Aam,

Maybe I was failed to express my answer. Now I edited the answer with more clarification with my level best.

Check the edited portion.

Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I was taken the question from a different perspective. Kindly expecting your advice.

Author

I see and it DOES seem to work as well. I sent this to my client to compare. Thank you.

Happy to hear that.