This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have set up several test dbs in OpenERP both on SaaS and on my own server. On some of these tests, user's have access with their email accounts.

When creating a new instance, I can no longer use their email address since it keeps associating with the old instance and will never let them jointhe new instance. So I have to create a fake email address for them to use, which is not their company email address.

Since they were all involved in the testing, I now need to let them have access to the production instance but can't use any of their email addresses anymore.

How do I delete these associations so I can set up my users on the production server. I've already deleted the users on testing, still doesn't work. I've used fake emails and then changed to the right email under their user account, still doesn't work. They can always login using the email address I gave them and never their real address unless they want to go back to the test instance.

Everything works fine with my account, it just keeps adding the new instances onto my list of company dbs.

Discard
Best Answer

I just made the test on OpenERP Online and it works. I create a first trial DB, I install the CRM, I create a user with email abc@mycompany.com. The invitation email is received in that inbox. Then I log out and get back to my openerp.com homepage (blue background with all my DBs).
I create a second trial DB with a different name, I install the CRM, I create a user with email abc@mycompany.com. The invitation email is received in that inbox.

I believe that you might be confused between users of the openerp.com OAuth authentication system, and users of your databases. Those are 2 different concepts. Your coworkers should have only one openerp.com account (and they cannot create 2 openerp.com accounts with the same email address); and they should use this openerp.com account to access all the DBs that you have invited them to (testing, production,...). If you invite them to several DBs, they will see several thumbnails on their openerp.com homepage (blue background).

Discard