This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm trying to add rows to an existing website table, but I can seem to figure out how to do that?  I'm sorry if this is super basic, but I haven't been able to find out how to do this

Discard

Do you want to add a row in an existing template (server-side / qweb) when the page is displayed, or do you want to add a row client-side after the page is loaded (javascript/jQuery) ?

Author Best Answer

Actually, I was trying to add a row to an HTML table through the WYSIWYG editor; but I figured it out.  You have to move your cursor to the bottom, right cell and hit the enter key. Not terribly intuitive, but it works.

Discard

If you want to add a row somewhere in between and not just at the end, you can edit the view of the webpage. Go to "Website > Configuration > Pages" and click on the page you want to change. Then click on the view. Here you can edit the source code of the page, including adding table rows. Be cautious, though, as this is not just HTML. Odoo uses QWeb as template engine and you might want to learn about this first.