Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do we show a tree / search view of Issues followed without using a record rule?

on 8/27/13, 9:26 AM 1,209 views

I'd like to have a tree view of issues selected by a domain [('message_follower_ids','in ', uid)] where uid is the logged in user. However, the Uid is related to the user id and what is needed here is the uid.partner_id. This is unavailable from here as far as I can see.

Is there an easy way to do this? An answer on this site suggested it can be done with a record rule [('message_follower_ids','in', user.partner_id.id)] but I don't want to restrict the records in this way.

Torsten Francke
On 9/6/13, 11:19 AM

I have found a solution:

If i m the owner or i m the follower, works greate on crm.phonecall

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for! .. Many Thanks! ..

on 9/6/13, 1:47 PM
On 8/28/13, 12:49 PM

If i've well understood :

You can create a related field on the mother table store=True (related to the child table).

Then you add this field on the tree view invisible="1" (if you don't want to see this field)

Then you can add a domain on this field.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/27/13, 9:26 AM
Seen: 1209 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM