Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do sales orders with products that don't exist yet work?

By
Alan Bell
on 5/28/13, 6:55 AM 896 views

The scenario here is that a customer asks for a product that does not yet exist. We have a chat with them and agree that we could make it or source it if they order one, and we come up with a price. In the quotation I can add a line with a description, quantity and price, but without selecting a product from the list. I can confirm this and make a sales order. Now I want to made this product, so I will create the product record and set up all the product data, and add it to inventory when it is made. That is all fine, but now how do I deliver this product or associate it with the original sales order so that the delivery order and invoice can work?

I would suggest: At quotation time: create a product with a Name of your choice, without any other data At confirmation of sale: use the same product, with or without changing its original name and add all required data. Does it make sense?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/28/13, 7:35 AM

that means the sales staff need to have the rights to create products (they just feel they should be able to sell something that doesn't exist) I guess in an ideal world the warehouse manager or someone should create the product before the sales team sell it, but there is nothing at the moment to make the product field required on a line item, even when it has a price.

Libertus Solutions, Alan Bell
on 5/28/13, 7:39 AM

That covers products that are not in stock and products that need manufacturing, but not placing an order for something that hasn't yet been created as a product.

Libertus Solutions, Alan Bell
on 6/4/13, 6:12 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/28/13, 6:55 AM
Seen: 896 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM