Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do multicurrency works with accountancy?

By
chidowsky
on 4/10/13, 4:59 PM 1,575 views

Hi, I have really big doubt, I have MXN as my base currency, I sometimes make transaction in USD and EUR, USD invoices are paid with a usd bank account, how does it reflexes in module account.account in MXN or USD??

another thing is that I pay the EUR invoices with any MXN or USD and I noticed that on Suppliers Payments form there is a field that says "Exchange Rate", if i change the currency the exchange rate stays the same, do I have to write the rate of the transaction? for examaple a EUR invoice of X pay with MXN so what to do in taht case?

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 4/10/13, 10:58 PM

If you company currency is MXD, then when you process a sale/purchase you can do so in a foreign currency - openerp will store both the local and overseas values for those transactions. Same as when you make a payment from a USD account, you will need to specify how much USD you are paying vs local currency. I suggest you test vigorously to make sure that you get the expected results

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/13, 4:59 PM
Seen: 1575 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM