Odoo Help

How do multicurrency works with accountancy?

By
chidowsky
on 4/10/13, 4:59 PM 1,769 views

Hi, I have really big doubt, I have MXN as my base currency, I sometimes make transaction in USD and EUR, USD invoices are paid with a usd bank account, how does it reflexes in module account.account in MXN or USD??

another thing is that I pay the EUR invoices with any MXN or USD and I noticed that on Suppliers Payments form there is a field that says "Exchange Rate", if i change the currency the exchange rate stays the same, do I have to write the rate of the transaction? for examaple a EUR invoice of X pay with MXN so what to do in taht case?

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 4/10/13, 10:58 PM

If you company currency is MXD, then when you process a sale/purchase you can do so in a foreign currency - openerp will store both the local and overseas values for those transactions. Same as when you make a payment from a USD account, you will need to specify how much USD you are paying vs local currency. I suggest you test vigorously to make sure that you get the expected results

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/13, 4:59 PM
Seen: 1769 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM