This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I've seen demos of the website_quote functionality where you send a quotation to a customer, they look at it and sign it online.

But how do I enable this functionality and how can I test it?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Got an answer by email. adding it here:

1. Install website builder and quote builder.
  2. Go to Sales -> Configuration -> Quote templates
  3. Add a quotation template. Click the Edit button (to the right in the form) to go to the HTNL editor.
  4. Make your changes. Save them.
  5. Now create a quotation, remember to select the quotation template before adding any lines (bug?)

One question I have remaining: Why isn't there a link to send the customer to the quotation builder version of the quote? When I send a mail to the customer with the quotation they are sent to the regular form view. This does of course have a link to view quote, but it's not nearly as cool...

Discard

@Torvald. In Odoo 9, am not able to see the changes immediately which I had made in the website template. Lets say I edited the template say changed as follows "Offer given by SalesManager XYZ". Now am I send the mail/view online, I am not able to see the new changes been made to the template immediately. However after sometime, say after firing 3 or 4 mails, am able to see the changes. I am not able to understand whats happening here. Is that a bug or am I missing something.

Note: am not using n number of templates, have edited in the same default template available in the Odoo.

Best Answer

To send your customer to the full template version you have to select the template "send by email" (it's in the bottom right of the email screen) when emailing your customer which will give them the link to see it. It sounds like you are using the template that only sends the PDF version.

Discard

Yes 'send by email' seems to be the only one that currently works to send the customer to the online quotation. 'send by email (online quot)' and 'send by email (portal)' both seem to send the customer to a portal signup page - whether or not this is necessary, or simply a function of me not setting up the customer portal properly I am not sure. But it seems that the customer portal is changing significantly quite soon anyway - it will look like the front end UI, not the back end, so maybe this is a legacy problem that will go away.