Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I use an existing chart of accounts to create an account template?

Kelli Bess
on 4/8/14, 7:53 PM 735 views

I have an existing chart of accounts that I have defined and I want to deploy it for multiple companies, all working under a common umbrella, but each company with its own chart of accounts. How do I turn my existing chart of accounts into an account template that I can select when I define a new company (multi-company setup, or stand-alone)?

I've tried just exporting and importing, but that doesn't work because some of the parameters don't carry across (parent and user_type are two fields that give me errors).

I'm not a programmer, so I just have to work within the openERP interface.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/8/14, 7:53 PM
Seen: 735 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM