Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I test OpenERP with demo data?

By
Steven Reader
on 7/3/13, 12:37 PM 6,986 views

I would like to run several modules through their paces. But the only way is to enter a lot of data. Is there an example application or data to import available for testing purposes? I will start a new instance of OpenERP with real data later.

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 7/3/13, 12:52 PM

Hello,

after installing openERP, on the logging page, click the link "Manage Databases"; then with your default master password (by default is admin), create a new database and tick the box Load demonstration data.

You can also test at runbot.openerp.com

regards, Marc

Thanks for the reply and your patience! I am on the 15 day trial. I have not yet installed openERP on my computer so I cannot find the "Manage Databases" menu item and the "Load Demonstration Data" option.

Steven Reader
on 7/3/13, 1:35 PM
Dieter Huelskamp
On 4/13/15, 10:14 PM

I suppose, you have not this option on instant demo of odoo.com. There are free deployments from bitnami, you also could install easily. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/3/13, 12:37 PM
Seen: 6986 times
Last updated: 4/13/15, 10:14 PM