Odoo Help

How do I test OpenERP with demo data?

By
Steven Reader
on 7/3/13, 12:37 PM 8,945 views

I would like to run several modules through their paces. But the only way is to enter a lot of data. Is there an example application or data to import available for testing purposes? I will start a new instance of OpenERP with real data later.

Marc Cassuto
On 7/3/13, 12:52 PM

Hello,

after installing openERP, on the logging page, click the link "Manage Databases"; then with your default master password (by default is admin), create a new database and tick the box Load demonstration data.

You can also test at runbot.openerp.com

regards, Marc

Thanks for the reply and your patience! I am on the 15 day trial. I have not yet installed openERP on my computer so I cannot find the "Manage Databases" menu item and the "Load Demonstration Data" option.

Steven Reader
on 7/3/13, 1:35 PM
Dieter Huelskamp
On 4/13/15, 10:14 PM

I suppose, you have not this option on instant demo of odoo.com. There are free deployments from bitnami, you also could install easily. 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/3/13, 12:37 PM
Seen: 8945 times
Last updated: 4/13/15, 10:14 PM