Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I start using an OpenUpgrade migrated database in Odoo

By
Bill Ennals
on 2/10/15, 7:27 AM 913 views

I have a database that I created in OpenERP V7.  Using the automated migration script from https://github.com/OpenUpgrade/OpenUpgrade I migrated the database and it seemed to work without any errors. 

Now that I have done that, how do I import/restore/start using the migrated database in Odoo (v8)?

Thanks

Bill

I don't know but I would expect you need to upload it to the server. Likely more than that. Hope someone here comments. Am looking at process myself. It should not be so difficult.

Landis Arnold
on 3/19/15, 2:39 PM

You might try this YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01nEOFoHeus

Landis Arnold
on 3/19/15, 2:41 PM
Bruno PLANCHER
On 5/19/15, 4:46 AM

Hello Bill Ennals,

I don't know if this topic is still alive, but i had some interest too on OpenUpgrade (i have Odoo instances in 6.1 that i wanted to migrate in 8.0, i have not yet started migrations, but OpenUpgrade seems to ber a good candidate).

If you succeeded to migrate your DB in V8.0, i think the next step you have to do is:

- Download (Official) Odoo V8.0 server (if needed, configure your .conf file)
- Start it, try to connect to your migrated DB (through web client), and go to "configurations > modules" to perform update on all your installed modules (OpenUpgrade is a fork of Odoo V8.0, adding some migrations files, but the last official commits will probably be missing)
- if all work without errors, you can start to work with your new fresh instance ^^ (of course, don't forget to dump your DB for backups)

Hope it helps you,

Regards,
PLANCHER Bruno

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/15, 7:27 AM
Seen: 913 times
Last updated: 5/19/15, 4:46 AM