Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I split the delivery of an order?

By
MB
on 5/17/13, 10:31 AM 3,732 views

Hello everyone, I'm using openerp 7 and I have encountered this problem.

Say I have an order for 10 pieces of some product. Today I can make only five, and I deliver them.

I create a new sale order, with ten pieces.

In "manufacture" I make only five, but when I use "check availability" in "delivery orders" it shows none as available. I see that is possible to manually set the number of delivered products, but for the company I work for is not possible to manually check every manufacturing order to see if there is a partial availability.

So, is there a way to automatically deliver only the ready products?

Thanks to everyone

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/17/13, 2:04 PM

@patrick: Close!

First make sure the shipping policy on the Sales Order is Deliver each product when available - find this field on the Other information tab.

When at least one item on the delivery is available, the delivery will show a status of Ready to Deliver

Don't force availability - just click Deliver and enter the quantity of what you are delivering.

Everything else will be taken off this delivery and a new delivery (back order) will be created automatically.

why the delivery does not automatically take state Ready to Deliver after its generation of Sales Order ? I ever click on the button Check Availability ? Thank You.

Borni DHIFI
on 5/17/13, 2:41 PM

Thank you for your answer! Just one more thing, is there a way not to have to manually enter the delivered quantity but to get it automatically?

MB
on 5/18/13, 9:34 AM

Automatically from where?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/20/13, 1:24 PM

@Borni DHIFI - the scheduler will only mark the Delivery as Ready if some (shipping policy = Deliver each product when available) or all of the items (shipping policy = Deliver all products at once) are in stock. Check your shipping policy and stock levels.

on 5/20/13, 1:27 PM

@Ray Carnes : Thanks . I have to check my stock .and if i create a Sale Order the state of Delivery Order take Waiting Availability.I must click button Check Availability or execute the Schedulers in menu Run Schedulers?is that a bug?

Borni DHIFI
on 5/20/13, 1:57 PM

@Borni DHIFI No, this is how it is supposed to work. The scheduler needs to be run for several things to update, including the availability of Delivery Orders.

on 5/20/13, 2:00 PM

Thank you . but this is not normal ! So how mark a Delivery Order as the 'Delivery as Ready' automatically if i confirme Sale Order?

Borni DHIFI
on 5/20/13, 2:12 PM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/17/13, 11:16 AM

openERP by default does not split orderlines. You probably have to force the availability, than click on the button 'Deliver'. In the new popup, type the amount of delivered items. There will be made a new delivery order of the differences.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 10:31 AM
Seen: 3732 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM