Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I setup sales and purchases in different currencies?

on 4/9/13, 2:02 AM 2,408 views

I'm setting up Openerp 7 for the first time. Have gone though a large part of the manuals and tutorials but am getting stuck at what I think should be a simple problem to solve. I'm buying stock in one currency (e.g. USD) and selling this in another currency (e.g. EUR). How do I tell Openerp that products supplied by a particular supplier should be priced in USD in the purchase order? I've looked at price lists but these are as clear as mud and I don't believe it should be that complicated. Am I missing something? I'm not to worried about the accounting part of it at the moment. All I want to see is that a product was purchase for X USD and later sold for Y EUR. (I guess it could be as simple as in the product form the Sale Price in USD and the Procurement Cost Price in EUR. Can that be done ?)

Priyesh Solanki (pso)

--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 2 2 4
--Priyesh Solanki (pso)--
Priyesh Solanki (pso)
On 4/9/13, 4:11 AM

By default, OpenERP has two kind of pricelists: Sale Pricelist and Purchase Pricelist. Those pricelists are automatically set in the Customer/Supplier form as a Property. In the Purchase Pricelist form, Set your currency as USD and In the Sale Pricelist form, Set your currency as EUR. Now, whenever you will create a Purchase Order/Sale Order, it will automatically consider related pricelist currency for the process. Hope this will help you.

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

If you cannot specify the currency on the pricelist, you have to enable multicurrency (settings -> Accounting -> 'Allow multi currencies'

on 4/9/13, 12:06 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/9/13, 2:02 AM
Seen: 2408 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM