This question has been flagged
7 Replies

In V11 CE, I'm have set up a Point of Sale and Cash and Debit Card payment methods (journals).  At the end of a POS session when I try to 'Take Money Out' (so I can the cash takings in my bank) I am met with the following error:

'Please check that the field 'Transfer Account' is set on the company'

I can't find any settings on any account in the 'Chart of Accounts' that indicates it can be a transfer account and I can't see any setting that would seem to help in the payment method settings.

How can I do what it asks and set the 'Transfer Account' on the company?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I found the answer.  The error was calling on me to set the 'Transfer Account' field on the company.  In the Company record form view, there was no field available to set this, but I looked in the Database Structure section of the technical settings and found the field 'transfer_account_id' in the 'res.company' model.  I edited the company form view in developer mode by adding that field name to the xml, then I was able to enter the account that I had set up for internal transfers and save the company record.  I was then able to take money out without the error occurring.  Perhaps the company creation wizard in v11 asks for this information so the account can be set then, but the field was not set in my case as I imported the company record from our old v8 database rather than use the wizard?

Discard

This way worked for me. I added 'transfer_account_id' in the 'res.company' form view and set this field. Now I am able to put money IN and take money OUT.

We need to set an account with Type Current Assets and Reconciliation allowed. Thank You

Best Answer

I am trying to do same/similar thing in CE12. I want to transfer from one bank account to another bank account using the Invoicing module (Vendors | Payments | Create) using an Internal Transfer, but I get an error when I try to confirm it. (Error: There is no Transfer Account in the accounting settings Please define one to be able to confirm this transfer.)

In Developer Mode, go to the menu Technical | (User Interface) Views and edit the res.company.form and enter the transfer_account_id into the xml (per Bill Ennals  instructions above).

In the COA I created an account called Transfer Account, as a current asset, and set it to Allow Reconciliation.

Now when you to the General Information view, you can assign your Transfer Account to the Inter-Banks Transfer Account.

And now I can transfer between bank accounts (Customers | Payments | Create | Internal Transfer)

Discard
Best Answer

In Community Edition in case the internal transfer account has been deleted: 

General settings, company, update info, under general information select inter-bank transfer account. Select the respective account that should be used for internal transfers. 

Discard
Best Answer

HI, Please check this module \https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/skit_pos_session/

Discard
Best Answer

i have the same problem! :(

Discard
Best Answer

Make sure that in the POS payment journals (cash and debit card), you have the fields profit account and loss account set. That'll solve the problem.

Discard
Author

Thanks for replying Kevin but the profit and loss account fields are already set, as were the default debit and credit accounts.

Best Answer

Are you missing the Liquidity transfers account. Check in Accounting settings -> Liquidity transfer account.

Discard
Author

Thanks Vishalratni. I have an account configured for internal transfers in my chart of accounts, but I can't figure out how to set that account to be the one that is credited/debited when I take money in or out. There used to be a field in V8under the profit and loss account fields called 'Internal transfers account' though that has been removed in V11.

Hello Bill,

When you install a country specific localisation module it will setup an Account for transfer ( you can see this in Accounting settings( as I have already mentioned) ) this would be your account, it is Liquidity Transfers ( type = Current Assets) in an Australia Localization. You can also setup your account here if you wish to change it.

Thanks

vishal.ratani

Author

hmmm...I can't see any field or setting that mentions 'Account for transfer' or anything like that in Invoicing/Configuration/Settings. Could you attach a screenshot of the location that you're referring to?

Author

To clarify this answer, @vishalratani was referring to the setting available in V11 Enterprise at Accounting > Settings > Bank and Cash > Inter Bank Transfers, but I'm using V11 CE and that setting does not exist (at least not in my installation).