Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do i set up product stock locations?

By
Erwin van der Ploeg
on 4/29/13, 6:31 AM 2,602 views

I have a warehouse and in this warehouse i have stored my products. The products are stored on shelves. So a product can be in warehouse A on position, Rack AA, Position 5, shelve 3 (AA-5-3).

This location is used to put the products from a purchase order (incoming shipment) and pulled of on sales order (delivery).

How can i easily set up: - The product location - The incoming delivery order to be sorted on the product location (the path to walk when putting products on shelve) - The delivery order to be sorted on the product location (the path to walk when pulling products from shelve)

I can't see how to set this up, i thought i had to make a location for every product, but that seems not the way.

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/13/13, 8:57 PM

Under warehouse, there is an option to create the various locations. In my situation I use the location as a name (AA-5-3).

I also made a module to extend stock.picking or stock.move, to add a new field sort_order. By default this is 'zzzzzzzzzz', but will be filled with the name of the location of the product when checking for availability.

I can post that part of the code if you are still interested.

To answer the first part: How to setup:

I made a csv-file, with the code of the product and the location, than I used a script to read that file and process the information. So I can recreate the information everytime I have to recreate a database (doing a lot of testing -> lots of errors :) )

And can you query the parts quantity by locations? If yes how to set?

klacus
on 5/14/13, 3:52 AM

Patrick, thanks for your answer. yes i would like to test your code. If you can post it, that would be great.

Endian Solutions, Erwin van der Ploeg
on 5/15/13, 6:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/13, 6:31 AM
Seen: 2602 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM