This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I need to set up on main warehouse that both orders from suppliers and ships to our smaller warehouses across the country. I don't know if this is the right solution for us but we are not selling inventory. We are tracking parts that are used for repair. We need to track the shipping of a part to a technician and the return of the bad part to the warehouse. Then the return of the bad part to a repair depot and finally back to our main warehouse.

I hope this makes sense.

Discard
Best Answer

You will need to make use of the pull and push rules. A sales order can be linked to a sub warehouse. You might create a pull rule to this sub warehouse from the main warehouse. This might be triggered by an orderpoint in the sub warehouse if you want a min/max stock over there.

The technician part seems more difficult at first. Instead of sale orders, you might use repair orders, one for using the good part and producing the bad one with an input location to choose from (technician) and one for producing the good one and consuming the bad one with a push rule to the main warehouse. (maybe with a lot code for good/bad?)

Hope this gives you some ideas already.

Discard