Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I restore an Odoo instance to the hosted service?

Cody Unrath
on 2/21/15, 2:31 PM 621 views

I've been working with an online Odoo host, but they do not have all of the stanadard features available. How would I go about restoring a backup to the Odoo hosted service?

I have tried to go to xxx.odoo.com/web/database/manager but I receive this message: 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

Thanks for the assist,

Troy Benjegerdes
On 4/9/15, 4:19 PM

I decided to pay for odoo SaaS when I was able to download a backup .zip file and import it into a local instance I installed from source. I need to be able to have a 'testing' and 'production' database, so I can test changes to the website and online store before deploying them live. It sounds like what you're saying is that if I want to do this, I might as well drop the SaaS and just run it myself.

Is this really the kind of experience you want to give to technically savvy customers?

What I'd really like is a pointer to which python file I need to modify to fix this, and a commitment from Odoo to deploy my changes on the SaaS version in a reasonable timeframe.

Cody Unrath
On 2/22/15, 1:35 PM

I understand the process and that does make sense, however this instance was created through the available modules provided by Odoo.

Is there anything in those offerings that can that would be an issue for future reference?

(I'm unable to post this as a comment, sorry for it looking like an answer)

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/22/15, 1:51 AM

You cannot restore a database to Odoo Online on your own. You need to ask Odoo to migrate it because if your database contains tables related to custom modules, it wouldn't work on Odoo Online. You can email online@odoo.com.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/21/15, 2:31 PM
Seen: 621 times
Last updated: 4/9/15, 4:19 PM