Help

How do I remove "Access this document directly in OpenERP" from e-mails from OpenERP?

Rebecca

I do not want to use the public portal at all. Our clients will never have to connect to our ERP system. Besides, in order to access our ERP, you need a VPN connection to our network. Providing a link to a document is entirely pointless and mostly confusing.

I have uninstalled the portal module, and also tried several new email-templates from scratch but I can not get rid of the line: "Access this document directly in OpenERP" at the bottem of the e-mail.

Is there some kind of setting in the web client where I can choose to not include the link to the document, or how can I solve this situation?

I have tried editing the mail_mail.py file under C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130315-002515\Server\server\openerp\addons\mail. On line 187 there is some text corresponding with the message. I have replaced the text string with "test", saved the file and updated the module 'Social Network' which I think is linked to the mail module. At least it's the only installed module with the category 'mail' I could find.

The changes are not visible, so I don't know whether I'm editing the right file; or updating the right module.

1 Comment
Discard
Ahmet Altinisik
-

it is just added to the messages if message recipient has openerp account. Please test sending to an outsider email and see.

5 Answers
Yuri A. Petrov
Best Answer

Swithching off "Settings->General Settings->Activate the customer portal" also remove link to portal from e-mail's.

3 Comments
Discard
Kris Krnacs
-

Hey, the second worked for me...

Andreas Marpmann
-

Without Portal i can not send E-Mails, Sales Order etc.

Daryl van Sittert
-

"also remove link to portal from e-mail's" How do you do that? Edit py files as below or is there an easier way?

IBS Group
Best Answer

That text exists in both these files:

• addons/mail/mail_mail.py
  • addons/portal/mail_mail.py

Edit both of them and make sure to restart your server for the change to take effect.

3 Comments
Discard
mike
-

I find this comment telling on line 165 in mail_mail.py - # partner is a user, link to a related document (incentive to install portal).

Dave Ellison
-

Not a good idea I would not have thought, as when you upgrade, you will lose your changes?

Gustavo
-

Thanks, it's works for me :D sample: #text = _("""

Access this document directly in OpenERP

""") % url text=''
IT Libertas
Best Answer

I guess, this module is of use to you - https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/ayuda-1/question/global-signature-on-emails-3359

Discard
Michael Karrer
Best Answer

I guess you could simply write your own mdule and subclass the original mail.message or mail.mail class and override the method (attribute) like with any other modification of modules?

Discard
Best Answer

I concern about upgrading OpenERP sources. Any solution without editing core files?

Discard