This question has been flagged
11 Replies

I do not want to use the public portal at all. Our clients will never have to connect to our ERP system. Besides, in order to access our ERP, you need a VPN connection to our network. Providing a link to a document is entirely pointless and mostly confusing.

I have uninstalled the portal module, and also tried several new email-templates from scratch but I can not get rid of the line: "Access this document directly in OpenERP" at the bottem of the e-mail.

Is there some kind of setting in the web client where I can choose to not include the link to the document, or how can I solve this situation?

I have tried editing the mail_mail.py file under C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130315-002515\Server\server\openerp\addons\mail. On line 187 there is some text corresponding with the message. I have replaced the text string with "test", saved the file and updated the module 'Social Network' which I think is linked to the mail module. At least it's the only installed module with the category 'mail' I could find.

The changes are not visible, so I don't know whether I'm editing the right file; or updating the right module.

Discard

it is just added to the messages if message recipient has openerp account. Please test sending to an outsider email and see.

Best Answer

Swithching off "Settings->General Settings->Activate the customer portal" also remove link to portal from e-mail's.

Discard

Hey, the second worked for me...

Without Portal i can not send E-Mails, Sales Order etc.

"also remove link to portal from e-mail's" How do you do that? Edit py files as below or is there an easier way?

Best Answer

That text exists in both these files:

• addons/mail/mail_mail.py
  • addons/portal/mail_mail.py

Edit both of them and make sure to restart your server for the change to take effect.

Discard

I find this comment telling on line 165 in mail_mail.py - # partner is a user, link to a related document (incentive to install portal).

Not a good idea I would not have thought, as when you upgrade, you will lose your changes?

Best Answer

I guess, this module is of use to you - https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/ayuda-1/question/global-signature-on-emails-3359

Discard
Best Answer

I concern about upgrading OpenERP sources. Any solution without editing core files?

Discard
Best Answer

I guess you could simply write your own mdule and subclass the original mail.message or mail.mail class and override the method (attribute) like with any other modification of modules?

Discard