Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Ok, Im having issues finding my OpenERP instance thru the web browser which was there yesterday (and has been for years).
When I boot up my server, its a Win2008Enterprise login and once inside I have an Ubuntu installation that I access via HyperV. I say this because Im not sure what is installed over what. I would think Ubuntu is installed over Win, virtually, but Ive been told it could be different. Anyway, Windows Network Adapter has 10.1.2.108 IP address, gateway 10.1.2.1. Ubuntu Network Adapter has 10.1.2.100 IP address, gateway 10.1.2.1.
How do I recover my passwords? Im told the Master Password is in a conf file but I did locate openerp-server.conf and found:
1. One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/test_v6/server/install/openerp-server.conf
2. One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/test_v6/server/ocb-server-61/install/openerp-server.conf
3. One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/produccion_v6/server/install/openerp-server.conf
4. One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/produccion_v6/server/ocb-server-61/install/openerp-server.conf
5. One conf file in opt/ocb-server-61/openerp-server.conf
I looked at all files and they all have the first line admin password = admin commented out with a ; at the beginning.
Wow! Now Im really confused :)
1. I dont know how to check the deamon for the file being used.
2. Im trying to make a backup of the database using the OpenERP web interface and it asks me for Master Password.
3. The users in that table are the ones that have access to the db. But this does not include the Master Password.
Check the deamon that runs on the Ubuntu machine. It should point to the right config file that is actually used.
Furthermore, you can always login using the user that is actually running OpenERP. For that user, postgres access must have been enabled. Use the postgres cli to change the password, although that password should also be available in the config file.
If you are looking for passwords of users within OpenERP you might be delighted that the passwords are still saved in plain text as a "feature" in the res_users table of the database you want to connect to.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 10/1/14, 9:59 AM|
|Seen: 2350 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|