This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Ok, Im having issues finding my OpenERP instance thru the web browser which was there yesterday (and has been for years).

When I boot up my server, its a Win2008Enterprise login and once inside I have an Ubuntu installation that I access via HyperV.  I say this because Im not sure what is installed over what.  I would think Ubuntu is installed over Win, virtually, but Ive been told it could be different.  Anyway, Windows Network Adapter has 10.1.2.108 IP address, gateway 10.1.2.1.  Ubuntu Network Adapter has 10.1.2.100 IP address, gateway 10.1.2.1.

How do I recover my passwords?  Im told the Master Password is in a conf file but I did locate openerp-server.conf and found:

1.  One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/test_v6/server/install/openerp-server.conf

2.  One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/test_v6/server/ocb-server-61/install/openerp-server.conf

3.  One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/produccion_v6/server/install/openerp-server.conf

4.  One conf file in home/erp_user/openerp/produccion_v6/server/ocb-server-61/install/openerp-server.conf

5.  One conf file in opt/ocb-server-61/openerp-server.conf

I looked at all files and they all have the first line admin password = admin commented out with a ; at the beginning.

Discard
Best Answer

Check the deamon that runs on the Ubuntu machine. It should point to the right config file that is actually used.

Furthermore, you can always login using the user that is actually running OpenERP. For that user, postgres access must have been enabled. Use the postgres cli to change the password, although that password should also be available in the config file.

If you are looking for passwords of users within OpenERP you might be delighted that the passwords are still saved in plain text as a "feature" in the res_users table of the database you want to connect to.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Wow!  Now Im really confused :)

1.  I dont know how to check the deamon for the file being used.

2.  Im trying to make a backup of the database using the OpenERP web interface and it asks me for Master Password.

3.  The users in that table are the ones that have access to the db.  But this does not include the Master Password.

Discard