Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I properly record an Inter Company Cash Transfer? Odoo permits this even when there is no balance to transfer and allows me to do so without a secondary currency.

By
chainika
on 10/16/16, 3:03 PM 170 views

I am using Odoo Enterprize 9 editions having multi-company architecture. I created multiple Bank accounts into it. My queries are below:

1- When i am trying to transfer any amount from X accounts to Y accounts, odoo permits me to do so even i have zero balance into my X accounts.

2- While Transferring the amount from X account to Y account, it gives me an warning that please set Secondary Currency of the account and when i remove the currency from the X account, it allows me to do the same.

What settings, i am missing into accounting. Logically is it correct to transfer the amount from zero balance account ?

Hi Chainika, 

1) It is an intended behavior that you are able to send money out of an account that has a null balance. Some companies can have agreements with their bank allowing them for instance to go negative.

2) Multi currency bank accounts/journals: if you want to manage a bank journal into another currency, you should set that very currency both on the journal as well as on the account linked to that journal. More here https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/accounting/others/multicurrencies/how_it_works.html

Hope this helps.

+1, Having the same issue

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/16/16, 3:03 PM
Seen: 170 times
Last updated: 10/17/16, 6:38 PM