Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I overrule field names in a core module like fleet?

By
geert
on 10/11/13, 11:19 AM 540 views

Hi,

I would like to use the fleet module for an aircraft maintenance and restoration company. As a lot of fields in the fleet module are of no meaning for aircraft, I would like to give them an other purpose

Some labels I would like to alter :

vehicle -> aircraft odometer -> flying hours license plate -> matriculation driver -> pilot or owner Chassis Number -> Serial Number

I can alter them in the core module, but they'll be lost as soon as I upgrade the module

Do I have to create a new module? And how do I overrule the labels? Does there exist something like translation inheritance in openerp?

Can somebody help me out on this?

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 10/11/13, 11:49 AM

Just change the translation names, they won't be overwritten with module upgrades.

If you're using the English language, see in this question how to do it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/11/13, 11:19 AM
Seen: 540 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM