Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do i manage territory for sales person?

on 5/17/14, 3:18 AM 851 views

Have many doubts.

1. How can i add a territory?

2. How can i assign territory to a sales person?

3. How can i manage "Incentives"?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 5/17/14, 7:50 PM

I assume you are referring to Odoo CRM, but I'm not sure what you mean by "assigning a territory". Do you mean that you want leads to be assigned to a certain salesperson when they are located in a certain country? If it is the case, then:

1. You can manage countries in Sales > Configuration > Address book > Localization > Countries
  2. I think you need to create a server action for when you receive leads or for when a lead is converted in an opportunity.
  3. For incentives, it depends if you mean gamification or sales commissions. If it is gamification, there is a module for that. If you mean calculation of commissions, the best is to use the google spreadsheet integration and create a spreadsheet template that wil compute this the way you want. Commissions calculations can vary greatly from an organization to another and often requires so much flexibility that it can only be achieved in a spreadsheet.
On 5/19/14, 3:42 AM

Hi Fabrice,

1. Countries and Territories are two different concepts. Every country can be a territory but every territory cannot be a country. I want a functionality where i can assign a territory to a sales person so that he/she will be responsible for handling sales in that specific Area/Place/Territory. I hope now I'm clear about my requirements. Is that possible with OpenERP or do we have any work around for achieving this.

2. How can I manage Sales Schemes in OpenERP.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/17/14, 3:18 AM
Seen: 851 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM