Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I make products in bom-lines appear as "links"?

By
philjun
on 10/28/14, 8:11 AM 1,437 views

The standard bill-of-material (bom) view is set up to display a list (lines) of any child boms. These lines also show the product_id of any child boms, but this product_id does not appear as a clickable 'link' taking me to actual products in my warehouse. As far as I can see, the structure is as follows: the bom-lines themselves each refer to a mrp.bom-object with a product_id, which refers to a product.product-object. As such, I should anticipate the product-names in the bom-lines to appear as links, but this is not the case. Can someone help me make the necessary configurations (to the view itself or to the underlying models)?

Cheers. 

Did you get anywhere with this? I would like to do the same thing. I found the following module: https://www.odoo.com/apps/6.1/web_treeviewlinks/ and the source: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~credativ/credativ-openerp/addons-6.1/files/head:/web_treeviewlinks/ But it's quite old and I am having trouble understanding how you define the links.

Will Stott
on 11/4/14, 6:15 AM
Will Stott
On 11/4/14, 7:34 AM

This seems to be broken now. I'm getting a Missing Error: "One of the documents you are trying to access has been deleted, please try again after refreshing." When the product definitely exists. The wrong ID is being given to the script. I don't know why this is. But this still might be a vaguely useful answer for someone trying to do this.

This is a bit of a dirty method. And it definitely isn't the ideal method for doing this. It doesn't retain history, and the links require a double click on the browser back button, because odoo changes the url slightly. But it works and it's a place to start.

I found a way to do this using javascript and modifying a view.xml in the form of a module:

<addons folder>/bom_links/__init__.py

<addons folder>/bom_links/__openerp__.py

'name' : 'Bom Links',
 'version' : '1.0',
 'author' : 'Will Stott',
 'description' : 'MRP override module, adds links to the BOM view',
 'category': 'Manufacturing',
 'website': 'http://www.openerp.com',
 'depends' : ['base', 'mrp', 'web'], # list of dependencies, conditioning startup order
 'data' : [
 'view/views.xml', 
 ], 
 'installable': True,
 'auto-install': False,

<addons folder>/bom_links/view/views.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
  <data>

<template id="assets_backend" name="bom_assets" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">
      <xpath expr="." position="inside">
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/bom_links/static/src/override.js"/>
      </xpath>
    </template>

<record id="mrp_bom_form_view" model="ir.ui.view">
      <field name="name">mrp.bom.form</field>
      <field name="model">mrp.bom</field>
      <field name="inherit_id" ref="mrp.mrp_bom_form_view"/>
      <field name="arch" type="xml">
        <xpath expr="/form/notebook/page[@string='Components']/field/tree/field[@name='product_id']" position="replace"> 
          <field name="product_id" widget="link" on_change="onchange_product_id(product_id, product_qty)"/>
        </xpath>
      </field>
    </record>
  </data>
</openerp>

<addons folder>/bom_links/static/src/override.js

openerp.bom_links = function(instance) {
    instance.web.list.columns.add("field.link","instance.web.list.FieldTextLink");

_format: function (row_data, options) {
           return _.template('<a class="oe_form_uri" href="<%-src%>"><%-text%></a>', {
                src: instance.session.url('/web',
                    {id: row_data[this.id].value[0], view_type:'form', model: 'product.template'}
                    ).replace('?', instance.session.debug ? '?debug=#' : '?#'),

text: row_data[this.id].value[1],

});
        }
    });
}

I hope this helps some people.

I have no idea how to paste code. So I just used quotes.

Will Stott
on 11/4/14, 7:35 AM

Thank you for your reply, Will. This might be the way to go, but I have the feeling that there must be an easier and 'cleaner' solution. I am thinking that the fields which is defined as object-relations (one2many, many2one etc.) already appear as clickable links in the different views (e.g. the field 'product_id' in the 'mrp.bom' object, which relates to the corresponding product). Maybe it is just a case of editing the html of the corresponding view, though I must admit that I have not had much succes in this regard. Please let me know, if you find an elegant solution.

philjun
on 11/6/14, 5:05 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/28/14, 8:11 AM
Seen: 1437 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM