This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

Openerp 6.1 I am trying to create an item which is same as a manufactured product but has a different name both parent and child product have the same price. I want the system to pick from the parent stock even when the child is picked also want the system to create a manufacturing order for the parent when the child product is selected. I have tried making the BoM of the child the Parent product but every time i create a Sales Order for the child the system does nothing and keeps asking for the BoM of the product. Would appreciate if anyone can point what am doing wrongly. I also tried setting the Parent BoM (Under properties tab) for the child to the parent product but it still doesn't work.

Parent Product BoM Type: Normal,

Child BoM Type: Phantom,

Parent BoM Product: Raw Materials (Various),

Child BoM Product: Parent Material,

Thanks

Discard

Please reformulate the title of your question following the F.A.Q guideline. Else it may be closed

Best Answer

presumably you will have no stock on hand of the child product. so create the child product as stockable/make to order/produce, turn on mrp_jit, create a BOM for the child that only has the parnet product for consumption.

Then when you process a SO for the child a MO will be created for the product. When the MO is completed there will be SOH of the child to deliver to the client and consumption of the parent.

If you are doing this a lot you would probably want to automate the process.

Discard
Author

Thanks figure out where my fault was using your answer. I set the BoM of the child product to the Parent product as well under Properties tab which I should not have done.