This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I created a Dummy Company X, and Dummy Company Y, and exported it to Excel so I could set the format to import many other customers. There's a "parent_id/id" field exported, which I thought referred to the customer's parent company. However when editing the form I can't find any spot to assign customer X as a child of customer Y. 

Have I misunderstood parent_id? Where can I make this association? Where will this association show up after it is made? 

Discard
Best Answer

Although the data model supports what you want to do, the user interface was designed to allow only 'Contacts' to have a parent 'Company' defined.

You can see this when you toggle the Is a Company checkbox - the parent 'Company' field will show or hide depending on the value of the checkbox.

You can modify the view to show the parent_id field by changing the invisible attribute to remove the is_company condition.

Discard

Actually - with the current runbot build, if you enter the parent company BEFORE checking the box, you can do this via the UI!

Author

Works in V7 and V8!

Author Best Answer

AWESOME, it worked perfectly AND my subsidiary showed up as a Contact under the parent company. Excellent! Thanks Ray!

Discard