This question has been flagged

Hello,

I am trying to replace an Excel spreadsheet with something that is more robust and multi-user.

My company sells computer equipment to offices, as well as monthly support contracts to service that equipment.  We currently have a spreadsheet that consists of a worksheet for each client, showing the equipment they have as well as the monthly amount to charge for each equipment that is under our support.  The spreadsheet also includes serial numbers, antivirus license keys, installation dates, manufacturer warranty IDs, vendor P.O. and invoice numbers, and our own invoice and P.O. numbers.

We would like to be able to have multiple users update this information at the same time, as well as be able to generate invoices for the service contracts.

We are currently using Peachtree for our accounting and invoice/quote generation.

In Odoo, would I keep track of equipment in the offices under Purchase History, and then sell and bill service contract from the Sales and Warehouse modules?  I'm a little baffled how I would use something like Odoo to keep track of products that I've already sold, as well as generate invoices for service contracts on those products.

Discard