Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I import supplier records with foreign state or country codes?

Jeff Beidler
on 8/11/14, 1:56 PM 1,838 views

I am attempting to import supplier records, and all works well as long as the supplier country is "US".  However, the validation fails when it hits a record where the supplier country is "CA".  I get an error message about an unknown state code.  I don't see anywhere in the system to add/configure other state codes.  How do I work around this issue?

Jeff Beidler
On 8/11/14, 2:34 PM

Well, I have found that I can go to Sales-->Configuration-->Address Book-->Localization-->Fed. States and import state codes, but it seems like there has to be a better way.  It would be a pain to have to go look up every country you need, make a CSV file of state/province codes, and then import that.  It seems like there should be some way to just go in and enable other countries.

AFAIK, there is actually no other way to import States or Cities. Of course, this can be easily done (Integrated = added to OpenERP) for all countries, but think about the amount of data needed for populating the database !!! is it really necessary ?

Med Said BARA
on 8/11/14, 2:52 PM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 8/11/14, 2:26 PM

You can add the States and Codes for CANADA under: Sales --> Configuration --> Address Book .

Also, try to take a look at http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/partner-contact-management/base-location-geonames-import/files there are some modules that can be useful, especially this module http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/partner-contact-management/base-location-geonames-import/files/head:/base_location_geonames_import/ !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 8/11/14, 1:56 PM
Seen: 1838 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM