This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Ive finished installing odoo 9 on a remote server.  The website module appears to be installed.  A few questions:

1. How do I preclude the need for the port:8069 from the domain?

Discard

Please do not mix questions.

Best Answer

Your website is up and running obviously. If you want to connect to your website using an ordinary domain without specifying the port, please use a proxy server such as Apache, nginx or Caddy Webserver for example.

Discard
Author

Ok but even using ip:port I still get a page showing the db selector. That is not the website page for normal users.

That is the case if you have more than one database in one instance. In this case you should use the dbfilter parameter in your odoo-server.conf file.

Author

Yes but I dont want to load the login. Its a website and i want to load the webpage for customers.

It is no website as long as you did not design a website. So log in, design your website and see what happens.

I did design it. I can see it by clicking on the website menu, but that's still under IP:8069. I want 8069 to point to the IP:80 but I would need to know where the website files are?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:32 PM Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com> wrote:

It is no website as long as you did not design a website. So log in, design your website and see what happens.

--
Ermin Trevisan

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

This is not an Odoo topic. If you want port forwarding only, do research port forwarding on your environment, for example like this: http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-port-forwarding/

If you want to use a domain such as www.example.com, use a proxy server. Please make yourself familiar with proxy servers.

Odoo is a web application and has an inbuilt web server, so you only have to forward to port 8069 in order to make it accessible, you do not need to specify any file locations.

But 8069 takes me to the database selector! I don't want potential clients going y to the dB selector, I want them going to the website page.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:59 AM Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com> wrote:

Odoo is a web application and has an inbuilt web server, so you only have to forward to port 8069 in order to make it accessible, you do not need to specify any file locations.

--
Ermin Trevisan

Then you have more than one database and you must use dbfilter to filter only one database.

No, I don't want them to even see the database selector because the database is for company users. The website is a catalog shopping website for clients. I want clients to go to the website catalog.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com> wrote:

Then you have more than one database and you must use dbfilter to filter only one database.

--
Ermin Trevisan

This is boring. Please study the answers I gave you carefully and make yourself familiar with proxy servers and the dbfilter parameter. You have to make these efforts yourself and Google is your friend.

Author

Here is the thing. I was editing the website and now when I go to ip:8069/web/login I get this: Reset templates

The selected templates will be reset to their factory settings.

Type 'yes' in the box below if you want to confirm.

yes

Confirm Cancel

Home

Back

500: Internal Server Error

Error

Error message:

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "odoo", database "postgres", SSL off