Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I figure out my Amazon AWS LDAP settings?

By
Ken Woychesko
on 3/19/16, 7:48 PM 447 views

I am evaluating Odoo on Amazon AWS. I am using the AWS Directory Service (the "Simple AD" option).

(1) Does anyone know how I retrieve my LDAP settings? (i.e. Filter, Base, etc.)

(2) Do I need to fill in the binddn and password fields?

Thank you

Isn't that just a Simple AD problem, which primarly has nothing to do with Odoo? Why don't you just install Odoo without LDAP to evaluate it? Why do you want to use LDAP at all? You can use Odoo with LDAP, when properly set up.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/21/16, 3:29 AM

(1) Yes, it is an AD problem, but it seems the Filter, Base, etc. that Odoo is looking for is quite detailed, and most applications I've dealt with haven't needed this level of detail. So I thought maybe someone in the Odoo community will have experience with finding this information on AWS. (2) Why use LDAP: the usual reasons: to make user and password management easier. (3) I intend that if we move forward with Odoo we will use LDAP, so I need to make sure it works. So many times in my evaluation I have read statements such as "You can do ABC in Odoo", but when you dig into it, you find out there's actually some pretty huge caveats that weren't mentioned.

Ken Woychesko
on 3/21/16, 11:46 AM
Ken Woychesko
On 9/11/16, 10:11 PM

For anyone else that comes across this:

• LDAP Server Address: use one of the DNS Addresses listed in your AWS Directory Service settings

• LDAP Server Port: 389

• LDAP binddn: CN=Administrator,CN=users,DC=xxxx,DC=yyyy,DC=zzzz -- this is built from the Directory Name xxxx.yyyy.zzzz (example corp.example.com) Note: when you created your Directory Service, you created an Administrator account and assigned it a Password.

• LDAP password: the Password from your Administrator account.

• LDAP base: CN=users,DC=xxxx,DC=yyyy,DC=zzzz (similar to above)

• LDAP filter: sAMAccountName=%s

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/19/16, 7:48 PM
Seen: 447 times
Last updated: 9/11/16, 10:11 PM