Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I deploy a new v7 without accessing apps server? [Closed]

By
Chang Phui Hock
on 7/19/13, 12:09 PM 2,177 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 07/23/2013 02:27:11

I learned that during apps installation, v7 instance must access https://apps.openerp.com/apps. Otherwise, it will show OpenERP Apps Unreachable - Showing locally available modules. All modules will be greyed out. I won't be able to install any modules even though they are present on my local machine, and the addons_path is setup properly.

I also learned that I can change the target server by adding 'apps.server' entry in Parameters > System Parameters. But I have no idea how to deploy an apps server locally.

My questions are:

1. Can I deploy a new v7 instance without accessing apps server?
  2. And why v7 does what it does?

Thanks in advance.

The http://ursainfosystems.com link is broken, returns Page Not Found.

David Nelson
on 10/22/13, 1:25 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/19/13, 9:04 PM

1) Yes. It depends on how you install OpenERP. Follow the instructions at http://www.ursainfosystems.com/1/post/2013/01/automate-the-install-of-openerp-70-on-an-ubuntu-vm.html

This will download all 'apps' to your local machine - you will not need to access the app server to install modules - you do not use the Apps menu at all, but rather install from the 'Installed Modules' menu after clearing the preset search and locating the module you need.

2) OpenERP 7 embeds a new service from OpenERP that makes installing modules much easier (one click) and provides notifications that these apps have updates.

This service is free for three users. It is not required.

I guess I was just confused by the menu. So, Modules > Apps will list both remote and locally available modules (Internet access recommended. Otherwise you will get "OpenERP Apps Unreachable"), and Modules > Installed will list installed, AND locally available modules after clearing the search preset (no Internet access required).

Chang Phui Hock
on 7/19/13, 10:00 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/19/13, 12:09 PM
Seen: 2177 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM