This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When creating a website, a contact form is created on the Contact page. How do I create other forms like a newsletter signup or landing page questionaires? Is there a simple procedure I am missing?

Discard
Author

Fabien, I do not see the Comment link on your answer, so I am commenting on my post. Thank you for the response and I had already seen the video, but many of the new blocks you show in the video do not show up in my hosted site. Are these new features that have not been released yet?

Yes, some features will arrive in the next upgrade in august.

Best Answer

To create a newsletter signup, install the mass_mailing application and you will get a newsletter subscription building block that you can drop anywhere in the page.

HAve a look at this video to see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnkyh0ctUI

There is no form builder in version 8 yet. But you can create forms by copy/pasting the HTML code of the contact us page. You can even add any field in the HTML contact form and it will be integrated in your leads. (even binary fields, that will be attached to the lead).

To create advanced forms, you can use the survey module, but it's probably not what you are looking for.

EDIT: we have nearly finished the development of a great form builder, fully integrated with all fields/objects, and super flexible (drag & drop, support any field type...). This feature should be available in saas7, around November for online users.
Discard
Best Answer

Hi!

For a Custom Forms How-to, please see here:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/custom-forms-this-is-how-to-62623

I tested Fabien's suggestion regarding the survey module. Whilst flexible to create forms, its major drawback is that all form data sent to you is publicly available as 'Survey Results'. So whilst on the surface this is heading down the right track it's probably not an alternative. Apart from that the survey module still has a few bugs at the moment (see github here and here).

Discard