Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I create a Bank Transfer

By
Cameron
on 4/16/13, 9:20 AM 3,359 views

Hi Please could someone point me in the right direction to create a bank transfer from one bank to our another. ie from our paypal to HSBC account.

The V7 literature link text states -

• Accounting ‣ Payment ‣ Payment Orders

Doesnt exist on my system?

Thanks in advance

do you mean "creating a bank order to transfer money from one bank to another one" or entering an accounting record into OpenErp accounting system to debit one bank account and credit the other one?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 4/16/13, 10:01 AM

Sorry! the OpenErp Accounting "entering an accounting record into OpenErp accounting system to debit one bank account and credit the other one?" - I'm ASSuMEing - what I want to do is transfer from Paypal Journal to the HSBC Journal

Cameron
on 4/16/13, 10:38 AM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/16/13, 11:04 AM

Hi,

You have two option. 1. You can use Journal Voucher for transfers (Select source Paypal bank journal on voucher and on voucher line you can select hsbc account.) 2. You can use account_transfer module. Link: http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/6655?filter=%7B%22order_by%22%3A+%22click_counter+desc%22%2C+%22text_search%22%3A+%22account_transfer%22%7D&page=1

Let me know if you have any query.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Many, many thanks - I initially opted for the module, mainly because I'm not an accountant, but although I got it installed I couldnt get it to work. So on to plan option 1

Cameron
on 4/17/13, 6:14 AM

Ok sure.. Option 1 is also ok for transfers .. :) Let me know if you have any query.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/17/13, 7:06 AM

Sorry to pester but Im having trouble both ways - Option 1 "Just get totally lost" and Option 2 when using app I get error "Integrity Error - The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set [object with reference: account_id - account.id]

Cameron
on 4/17/13, 8:25 AM

You can set transfer account on your journal (source/destination journal) to fix that error on 2.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/17/13, 8:36 AM

Doh! you just beat me to it! :) Cheers! but once last pointer if you dont mind please - where would this transfer account go? - I was think under "Balance Sheet" > "Current Assets" > "B040 Cash at bank and in hand" > "1250 Temporary Transfer Account"

Cameron
on 4/17/13, 8:47 AM

Yes it should be temporary transfer account .. :)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/17/13, 9:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/13, 9:20 AM
Seen: 3359 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM