Odoo Help

9 Answers
Rob TechHouse
8/30/18, 3:40 PM

This can be achieved quite easily by defining additional units of measure (UOM).

• units (already defined)

• cases (12pack)

• 6-packs

• pallets

The Case, pallet, and 6-pack can be defined as multiples of the base unit, and sold this way.

Peter Tomolik
12/18/14, 2:15 AM

Anyone had an reasonable approach for this?

The idea of defining different UoMs certainly is a possiblity, but for me, this is a bit of a pain: we are producing machinery and therefore have many different products we need to purchase (in packaging unit) and put in a BoM (in a smaller quantatiy than in the packaging unit).

But e.g. for screws, stickers, or even liquids needed (like oil) this approach would lead to an nearly endless list of UoM (e.g. Barrel201L, Barrel100L, Package100unit, Package215units, Package500units and so on...)

Any different ideas/ solutions for this?

(Except using BoMs itself e.g. ->

Thermal oil barrel 201L (as BoM) containing

201x Thermal oil (with L as UoM)

Rich Caudill
12/17/14, 1:46 PM

EDIT: I see what @Nicolas PIGANEAU is talking about. You have to

Product Features

Configuration> Sales > Product Features > Allow using different units of measure

I'm going to see if this will allow for sinlge 6packs, 12 packs and cases...

Still not sure how you can link SKU #'s together and or price discounts.. I'm sure there's a work around... working on one.

Cheers

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
8 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now