This question has been flagged

For example if i'm running a company that sells cans and bottles of beer I would like to be able to sell and remove from stock down to a per can or per bottle level to allow me to provide samples to potential customers among other things. The beer is packaged into carton/cases of 24 cans or bottles each. Each of these carton cases can be further subdivided into 6 packs and then down to individual units.

How do I define a delivery of XXXX number of cases and then allow for individual units, 6-packs, and cases of 24 all while keeping a track of the inventory of a given beer down to a per can level?

I would like to be able to invoice them as pallets, cases, 6-packs or individual units, however i'm having trouble understanding how to set it up in v8.0 correctly for purchasing, sales, and warehouse management. If anyone has any insight on this or can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Discard

Hi Luke, good question. Did you get any feedback or answers you could share?

Hi Luke, good question. Did you get any feedback or answers you could share?

we have ordered a module from programmer to do correct evaluation of a stock, will have some updates in a week time

Author

@Savoir-Faire, Unfortunately I have not yet found a solution. From my understanding it is possible to do with the core feature set of Odoo, however I have not yet come across WHM documentation covering the subject. @Roman, I would be very interested to see what your developer has come up with.

I don't know if this helps your issue, but when I need this kind of feature, I usually define units of measures for "pallets", "cases", "6-packs", etc. each defined as being a multiple of the base "can" unit.

Author

@Nicolas, Thanks for the suggestion, i'll definitely look into creating UoM's for those packings and see if this is workable for us. I've just come across the warehouse documentation (work in progress) here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/stock/doc/stock.rst It looks quite extensive, so once I have read through it completely i'll comment back here if there's anything that answers my question in the documentation.

Did You get any ideas about this. I'm now struggling with this

Bonjour,

Je ne fais plus partie de la société NDP Systèmes.
- Si vous souhaitez contacter l'entreprise, vous pouvez écrire à contact@ndp-systemes.fr ou appeler le standard au 02 52 35 09 90
- Si vous souhaitez me contacter personnellement, vous pouvez écrire à nicolas@npiconseil.fr

Cordialement,
Nicolas
Best Answer

This can be achieved quite easily by defining additional units of measure (UOM).

• units (already defined)

• cases (12pack)

• 6-packs

• pallets

The Case, pallet, and 6-pack can be defined as multiples of the base unit, and sold this way.

Discard
Best Answer

EDIT: I see what @Nicolas PIGANEAU is talking about. You have to

Product Features

Configuration> Sales > Product Features > Allow using different units of measure

I'm going to see if this will allow for sinlge 6packs, 12 packs and cases...

Still not sure how you can link SKU #'s together and or price discounts.. I'm sure there's a work around... working on one.

Cheers

Discard
Best Answer

Anyone had an reasonable approach for this?

The idea of defining different UoMs certainly is a possiblity, but for me, this is a bit of a pain: we are producing machinery and therefore have many different products we need to purchase (in packaging unit) and put in a BoM (in a smaller quantatiy than in the packaging unit).

But e.g. for screws, stickers, or even liquids needed (like oil) this approach would lead to an nearly endless list of UoM (e.g. Barrel201L, Barrel100L, Package100unit, Package215units, Package500units and so on...)

Any different ideas/ solutions for this?

(Except using BoMs itself e.g. ->

Thermal oil barrel 201L (as BoM) containing

201x Thermal oil (with L as UoM)

Discard