I have installed and configured Postfix as a local mail server running alonside V7. Outbound mail works fine. But I am confused by the configuration steps for the Incoimng Mail server in the openerp_mailgate.py and the additional steps in Postfix /etc/postfix/virtual and /etc/postfix/virual_aliases.
When sending mail to the incoming server - e.g. from gmail to an openerp alias, the return error reads: 550 5.1.1 <email@example.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table. I have a FQDN and poitnting MX records correctly.
Please can someone give me a basic step (sequence) of the actions to properly configure the incoming server using local Postfix.
Many thanks in advance
I have the py script working fine in my Odoo V8 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).
The steps that I remember I had to follow were:
1. Send the "openerp_mailgate.py" file to "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/mail/static/scripts/" folder.
2. Check if the py script file is already with the correct ownership: "chown odoo: openerp_mailgate.py"
3. Check if the file mode is the correct one: "chmod 755 openerp_mailgate.py"
4. Inside the openerp_mailgate.py file:
OPENERP_DEFAULT_USER_ID = 1
OPENERP_DEFAULT_PASSWORD = 'the password for user admin'
OPENERP_HOSTNAME = 'localhost'
OPENERP_PORT = 8069
OPENERP_DEFAULT_DATABASE = 'the odoo database that you are configuring'
MAIL_ERROR = 'I put the email address of your email server admin'
MAIL_SERVER = 'localhost'
MAIL_SERVER_PORT = 25
MAIL_ADMINS = ('I put the email address of my email server admin',)
5. In the aliases file:
xyz: "| /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/mail/static/scripts/openerp_mailgate.py"
6. In the virtual_aliases file in /etc/postfix:
7. Finally "postmap /etc/postfix/virtual_aliases" and reload postfix.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 8/10/14, 8:28 PM|
|Seen: 1337 times|
|Last updated: 5/28/15, 4:28 AM|