Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I copy my database(s) to a different computer?

By
Donald Leaman
on 1/20/14, 2:33 PM 2,853 views

Anyone have a step-by-step procedure so I can copy my database(s) to a different computer? I tried to use PostgresSQL PGAdmin method but it gives me an error saying it's an invalid file. I can't see exactly how to do it using the tools within Openerp. I think this would be the better method if it were possible, but ANY method that works would be appreciated. Thank you for being helpful.

JC

--JC--
| 5 1 8
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
--JC--

JC
On 1/20/14, 7:41 PM

Backup databases:
1. openerp login screen click [Manage Databases]
2. under Database Management click [Backup]
3. choose your database / password ( default admin) then click on [Backup]

Copy all database backup files to new computer

Restore databases:
1. openerp login screen click [Manage Databases]
2. under Database Management click [Restore]
3. choose your database file / enter password ( default admin) name your database then click on [Restore]

When you say « Copy all database backup files to new computer », which files are you talking about? Can you give me a path? Thanks

Pascal Tremblay
on 10/8/14, 7:37 AM
Donald Leaman
On 6/26/14, 9:14 PM

Thank you very much.  I was successful.

I can't see how to close this question, so if any board admin will do it thank you very much.

Francisco Martínez
On 3/12/14, 7:56 AM

If you have a problem with "database manager" method, you can try with this:

• DUMP DataBase from source server:

pg_dump -f oe-mydatabase_backup.sql mydatabase_name

• RESTORE on destination server:

psql -f mydatabase_backup.sql mydatabase_name

You need remember if have a custom addons then need copy the server files.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/20/14, 2:33 PM
Seen: 2853 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM