This question has been flagged

In OpenERP7 there was a compose button at messaging. So far I can only respond to emails that were sent to me first.

Where is the compose button in Odoo? I'd like to test if outgoing email works on Odoo.

Discard
Best Answer

It is related to this commit - https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/5209fbc7ed9fcad966ab064654a8a8697142be42 - which has removed icons to the compose new message. No answer yet though, why it has been done - I have no idea as well.

Discard

I've revert this and make a module, please check https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/revert_compose_message

Best Answer

Hello,

In order to solve this problem, download module mail_extend_ept from following link, Install it and refresh the screen.

http://www.emiprotechnologies.com/OpenERP/odoo-module-8-0/

By install this module, "Compose a new message" will be visible on Inbox wall. Which is removed in Odoo V8.

Let me know, even after install this module if your purpose is not solved.

Hope this Helps,

Discard
Author Best Answer

Are you able to receive messages and reply to them? I'm trying to figure out if sending and receiving email in Odoo is working yet?

Discard

I believe that it is related to the Odoo's way of working with everyday jobs - you simply work within a record (task, issue, customer, sale order) instead of working on threads as most of the users are familiar with, like in regular mail. V7 was a start to that, V8 seems like went all the way that route - your conversation is always related to a record.

Is it possible that whoever is running this mailing list to include the name of the mailing list in the title of the messages before they get sent out.

It is very confusing to have all these random emails with random titles in my inbox.

If you need help configuring your mailing list software I will be very willing to help.

Thank you.
Timo.
Sent: 30 July 2014 04:48 PM
To: Timo Goosen
Subject: Re: False

I believe that it is related to the Odoo's way of working with everyday jobs - you simply work within a record (task, issue, customer, sale order) instead of working on threads as most of the users are familiar with, like in regular mail. V7 was a start to that, V8 seems like went all the way that route - your conversation is always related to a record.

--
Mariusz Mizgier Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo. Access your messages and documents in Odoo
Author

"Is it possible that whoever is running this mailing list to include the name of the mailing list in the title of the messages before they get sent out. It is very confusing to have all these random emails with random titles in my inbox. If you need help configuring your mailing list software I will be very willing to help. Thank you. Timo." That has to do with somebody incompetent who has been put in charge of running the odoo mailing list and has obviously never been subscribed to any other opensource mailing lists.