Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I change the vertical spacing between <para> tags ? [Closed]

Anas Taji
on 4/20/13, 1:03 PM 2,660 views

The Question has been closed

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 04/21/2013 04:23:50

I have made some changes for barcode layout (see the image). However, I can't control the margins between these lines (<para><para/>), as I want to narrow this area. I have tried to gather all these lines in one <para><para/> tag breaking them using < br/> tag with no luck.

image description

Is there any other tag that doesn't have these margins by default? or perhaps I need to change the style for this para tag in someway?

Thanks in advance..%

image description

image description

| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

On 4/20/13, 2:58 PM

It's easy, just add a new paraStyle inside <stylesheet> :

<paraStyle name="someName" spaceBefore="0" spaceAfter="0"/>

Then you can use it on your para tag as follows:

<para style="someName">Some Text</para>

Note: You can change the number as you see fit, you can even use a negative number.

Negative numbers solved the problem.

Question Extension: This solved the problem between paragraphs, but a long line of text will automatically break to the next line with the same paragraph, and it seems 'spaceBefore' & 'spaceAfter' can't control it (see new image).

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 4/20/13, 6:31 PM

Salam :-) Can you add showBoundary="1" to your <template> tag and post a screenshot of the result?

on 4/20/13, 7:28 PM

Ahlan :-) I update the question with the requested picture. Could you please lead me to a good resource (book, article, tutorial..etc) to have a look at all possible tags & associated attributes?

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 4/20/13, 7:42 PM

I see the problem, you need to give the frame more width, you can check the rml2pdf documentation here, it has everything you need: http://www.reportlab.com/docs/rml2pdf-userguide.pdf you can also check their beginner tutorial here: http://www.reportlab.com/docs/rml-for-idiots.pdf

on 4/20/13, 7:46 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/20/13, 1:03 PM
Seen: 2660 times
Last updated: 12/4/15, 11:51 AM