Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do I change/localize invoices filenames ?

By
Anaël Closson (acl)
on 2/18/13, 4:05 AM 2,295 views

Currently, each pdf created in my instance use the pattern "invoice_SAJ_XXXX_XXXX_.pdf". I'd like my invoices filenames to be named according my locale or at least set the filename in an other language than English, how do I do it ?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/18/13, 5:51 AM

You can change this from the menu: Settings > Technical > Actions > Report

To access this menu, your user need to be in the Technical Features group.

Search the correct report using invoicekeyword.

Then, change INV by FAC in the field Save as Attachment Prefix.

This only works for invoices? I have noy seen a topic address any other report except invoice reports

Paul Catinean
on 10/16/13, 9:58 AM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/18/13, 5:36 AM

You can create a new module which adds the translate=True option to the column "attachment" of the ir.actions.report.xml object.

You need something like this in a new module:

class report_xml(osv.osv):
    _inherit = 'ir.actions.report.xml'

_columns = {
    'attachment': fields.char('Save as Attachment Prefix', size=128, help='This is the filename of the attachment used to store the printing result. Keep empty to not save the printed reports. You can use a python expression with the object and time variables.', translate=True),
    }

report_xml()

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/18/13, 4:05 AM
Seen: 2295 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM