This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a unique item to mutiple product catagories in the POS.  Let's use the example dataset that comes with odoo.  There are three catagories that pertain to food -- Food, Fresh Fruits, and Fresh Vegetables.  

Now having those three catagories is well and good, but let's say I want to put Fresh Fruits and Fresh Vegetables and all of the products that they contain under Food as they're all food.  How do I do this

Furthermore how do I add products to a product catagory in bulk?  Is there a way to do this easily?

Discard

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Why not build the POS category selection in the same way that Odoo did for Website/Public categories?

Best Answer

I only see a solution that needs custom development, I'm affraid. The solution has two parts (it is based on v7. It might be the same for v8, though):

1. Extend the model product.product in Odoo: The products are associated to a single POS category by  a many2one relation (field). In order to specify more than one category for the same product, you would need to override the respective field (pos_categ_id) of the class product.product and make the relation (field) many2many. This is done with a custom module.

2. In the Point of Sale application (Java Script), adapt the function for loading the server data, such that it can read and handle multiple category ids for the same product.

If anyone has solution using configuration solely, please let me know.

Discard
Best Answer

From my point of view, the classification of products (even partners) into categories is insufficient; because we cannot create hierarchies or trees which are able to handle all kinds of situation.

and our businesses need flexibility and power

Categories are good for a chart of accounts!

I believe that Odoo should develop/replace categories by an efficient configuration of tags; tags should be created on the fly (with a process to merge some of them if necessary; an efficient and advanced search function being able to accept all the boolean operators. Available also at the Pos level.

Discard
Best Answer

I haven't purchased or tested it, but Webkul https://webkul.com/ has developed a for sale app to accomplish POS Multi-Category on Odoo v8 and v9.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/pos_multi_cat/

Discard

Some time has passed. Are there any people out there using this?

Best Answer

Good point, however it's the first time when somebody asked for something like this :)

Discard