Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do calendar alarms work?

By
Daniele Bondì
on 12/16/13, 6:57 AM 1,495 views

In the form for meetings (crm.meeting) there is the possibility to set a reminder, but it doesn't seem to work. Looking at the code in base_calendar/base_calendar.py there are two models: res.alarm and calendar.alarm. The developer mode tells me the reminder is a res.alarm object.

As far as I can tell, when I set a reminder it runs do_alarm_create() that creates a calendar.alarm (looking at the db with pgadmin, an entry in the calendar_alarm table is indeed created). There is a cron job scheduled to run every 5 minutes for calendar alarms that calls calendar_alarm.do_run_scheduler(), but nothing happens. Calendar.alarm has an 'action' field which I guess is the action to take when the condition is met, but it seems to me that do_run_scheduler() does something only if 'action' is 'email'. This is a problem, because res.alarm creates a calendar.alarm with a 'display' action.

So, am I missing something or is the code incomplete/bugged? Should I file a bug report?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1099620

Daniele Bondì
on 12/20/13, 7:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/16/13, 6:57 AM
Seen: 1495 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM