This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I've installed the Cash Tax accounting module on Odoo 10 community.

Having added an expense and marked it as paid - using a tax code thats setup as cash accounting, it seems to make the same entries on the tax accounts. I can't see how or where it moves tax lines when a payment is made.

I can't find a link to how cash tax unit moves accounting lines on creation of an invoice or bill and on payment.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Kieran,

I have the same problem with the tax based cash.
Did you solve the problem?
I'm happy about help :)

Thanks and regards
Mara

Discard
Author Best Answer

I've just posted an invoice and the payment for the invoice - these created the expected account moves at the correct time. i.e.

Invoice = TAX >> VAT Holding account

Payment = VAT holding account >> VAT Account

However looking at the expenses journal items it only creates the first move, it doesn't register the corisponding move on payment of the expense. Is this a bug or is there an obvious stage i'm missing?

Thanks

Discard

what do you mean by "it doesn't register the corisponding move on payment of the expense"?

Author

On paying the expense it should create the accounting move to move the tax from the holding account to the tax account.

It does this correctly on an invoice but doesn't do it when paying an expense.

If you mean in creating a payments( below invoice), a payment is made as one transaction. Not one for products and one for tax

Author

I'm aware it's as one accounting transaction. The first journal created when an invoice is created - creates the lines for base amount and tax - with the tax moved to the tax holding account.

The journal entry when a payment is made - moves the tax from the holding account to the tax account - this is the correct and expected behaviour on invoices.

On expenses - when the expense is paid it does not move the tax from the holding account to the tax account.