This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I need to send out press releases fairly often. I have the companies and emails that I need to send to and I need to know if can group them somehow and sen that group the press release that I need to send. It also needs to have everyone in BCC or a separate email for each person. I have about 50 that I need to send out so adding them one by one is out of the question.

Regrads.

Discard
Best Answer

Use tags to tag customers that should receive a press release.

To send a press release:

• filter all customers based on this tag
  • switch to list fiew (icon in the top right icon bar)
  • select all customers (checkbox in the header of the list)
  • from the "More" menu, select the Mass Mailing action

In OpenERP v8 (to be released in 6 months and available in the saas in mid-november 2013), you can use this dedicated apps:

https://www.openerp.com/apps/mass_mailing/

Discard

OpenERP will automatically schedule one email per recipient.

Author

The mass mailing looks like just what I need. Can't wait to have it available. Thanks for the answer

Hi Fabien. I try to send email with Mass Mailing action through the customer list but the message is not sent and generated as a comment type with no subtype. If I send to the same customer from the "Compose New Mail" button the email is sent successfully, (also subtype is Discussion and the customer appears in notified partners).

The customer is set to recieve emails and discussion. I am using v7 and updated to nightly latest to test this.

Any idea of what could I be doing wrong? Thanks!