Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can you email customer's their receipt instead of printing it?

By
ASCconcepts
on 3/18/16, 12:17 AM 398 views

Everyone is going green right? We currently using our current system email receipts. We would like to continue to be able to do so.

It seems like a simple enough task that it would be included, I just don't know how to do it.

Can someone assist and tell me what I need to do.

Example. A customer comes up, purchases a Mac Pro (which comes with warranty) and a few other things. I process their payment and then I would like to email them their receipt. I am going to save every customer that makes a purchase in to the database anyway with the very minimum info (name, phone number, email address).

You want to mail receipt from POS Module or from the Sales module

Nilim
on 3/18/16, 4:03 AM

Parikshit

--Parikshit--
| 6 3 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Parikshit--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer both experience in web and addons. you can contact me at:

E-mail : parikshitvaghasiya@gmail.com

Blog : parikshitvaghasiya.blogspot.in

Stackoverflow : http://stackoverflow.com/users/5089106/parikshit-vaghasiya

Parikshit
On 3/19/16, 2:10 AM

Hello,

Yes you can do it by new customization. you can do a flow like as receipt print in backend the pdf mail to the customer and all information store in database or you can put one button for that send mail to customer and store all information in backend. if you want to create module for that contact on : parikshitvaghasiya@gmail.com

Hope this will help you!!

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/18/16, 4:15 AM

You can do it manually by printing to the PDF printer and send the email with attachment to the customer and/or upload the PDF as attachment to the customer. Or you create a new module, which shows a button "Email Receipt" on the POS payment screen (under the button "Invoice") which emails the receipt to the customer automatically, or even better, creates an invoice and the corresponding payment.

I'd like to have a button that emails the selected customer and since we will have this database full of customers, I'd like to have it so when you go to that customers profile y cant can see a record of what they purchased and when they purchased it. It seems that would make sense since we are already collecting their information that we would be able to pull up their name and see that "on August 4 they purchased a macbook")

ASCconcepts
on 3/19/16, 2:33 AM

Then you should go, as I mentioned above, for creating invoices and simultaneously the payment with reconciliation, that way you have the full customer history according to Odoo standard.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/19/16, 4:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/16, 12:17 AM
Seen: 398 times
Last updated: 3/19/16, 2:10 AM