Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can you change URLs

By
Yves
on 4/16/15, 4:37 PM 515 views

with a new page odoo's websit-builder creates URL's like /page/website.contact

Unfortunately, here there is no possibility to change this comprehensively. The url format is unfortunately very bad, so I need to find a solution. It is not only SEO but also the readability.

the "website." you can later remove it from the url, but not the directory "page" (404). I suspect it will probably be used as a controller?

Now I think about how I can solve the problem easiest.

I looked for creating a module as a Theme (I wanted to do this later, but if it can solve the problem, okay)

http://odoo-80.readthedocs.org/en/latest/guides/themes.html

but I can define the url without the "page" there, that would work?

<record id="hello_menu" model="website.menu">
    <field name="name">Hello</field>
    <field name="url">/nopage/hello</field>
    <field name="parent_id" ref="website.main_menu"/>
    <field name="sequence" type="int">20</field>
</record>

or there may be a way to replace "page" with another word?

I know on Launchpad.net which was already discussed - and it will probably be changes in the next version. but I need to find a solution now. would be nice if someone had an idea

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/15, 4:37 PM
Seen: 515 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 4:47 PM