Odoo Help

2 Answers
Holger Winkelmann
11/3/13, 3:12 PM

there is a module for 7.0 in the community modules handling serial numbers, we have not tested it yet. But also for us the missing serial number functionality is a major blocker for us to implement OpenERP. Especially as OPenERP claims serial number features but delivers Lot numbers which is a major difference.

2 Comments
Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
11/3/13, 3:13 PM

Dot know I'm allowed to post links yet, but the link to the module is: https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/product_serial/

Elephante, Sean Samborski
2/18/14, 5:02 PM

Did you ever test this and find out if it solves this issue?

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 5 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
3/13/13, 4:26 PM

openERP v7 out of the box is not setup to force UNIQUE identifying numbers for items in stock. At the time of receipt you can have the system assign a new pack number to incoming products, but users can change the pack number later, either to a new pack number or an existing pack number. I am going through the modules and crafting my own custom module that removes that ability.

I really want to implement this aspect also because it is vital to my business.

Being able to assign a unique sequence number to a piece of inventory would be great.

5 Comments
thenon
4/5/13, 9:51 AM

Hi @patently, we also really need this - will you be releasing your work? Thanks!

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
4/5/13, 11:04 AM

I am working on something, but to get the whole system updated is a major task, not close to done yet.

Nathan Irwin Smutz
4/13/13, 3:11 PM

Ditto. We're in a situation where we need to track what firmware is installed in each customer's equipment. I imagine there's a component for tracking equipment maintenance within one's organization. Maybe that can be turned inside out and integrated with customer service.

7Gates Interactive Technologies, Erdem Uney
8/13/13, 2:25 PM

any follow up on this?

josh g
11/1/13, 4:23 PM

This is a common requirement for manufacturing companies, especially those with regulatory requirements for traceability - and is something that seems to be a common request on these boards. I am forward to seeing what can be done.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
8 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now