Odoo Help

Holger Winkelmann
On 11/3/13, 3:12 PM

there is a module for 7.0 in the community modules handling serial numbers, we have not tested it yet. But also for us the missing serial number functionality is a major blocker for us to implement OpenERP. Especially as OPenERP claims serial number features but delivers Lot numbers which is a major difference.

Dot know I'm allowed to post links yet, but the link to the module is: https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/product_serial/

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 11/3/13, 3:13 PM

Did you ever test this and find out if it solves this issue?

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 2/18/14, 5:02 PM
AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/13/13, 4:26 PM

openERP v7 out of the box is not setup to force UNIQUE identifying numbers for items in stock. At the time of receipt you can have the system assign a new pack number to incoming products, but users can change the pack number later, either to a new pack number or an existing pack number. I am going through the modules and crafting my own custom module that removes that ability.

I really want to implement this aspect also because it is vital to my business.

Being able to assign a unique sequence number to a piece of inventory would be great.

Hi @patently, we also really need this - will you be releasing your work? Thanks!

thenon
on 4/5/13, 9:51 AM

I am working on something, but to get the whole system updated is a major task, not close to done yet.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 4/5/13, 11:04 AM

Ditto. We're in a situation where we need to track what firmware is installed in each customer's equipment. I imagine there's a component for tracking equipment maintenance within one's organization. Maybe that can be turned inside out and integrated with customer service.

Nathan Irwin Smutz
on 4/13/13, 3:11 PM

any follow up on this?

7Gates Interactive Technologies, Erdem Uney
on 8/13/13, 2:25 PM

This is a common requirement for manufacturing companies, especially those with regulatory requirements for traceability - and is something that seems to be a common request on these boards. I am forward to seeing what can be done.

josh g
on 11/1/13, 4:23 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/28/13, 6:14 PM
Seen: 12424 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM