Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can you add a button to download a blank document (no fields from OpenERP)

By
Rebel
on 6/27/13, 8:23 AM 2,229 views

I created several reports for the project task module which will generate a range of different PDF's, incl. a week planning, a work description (for employees), etc

Now the customer wants an option to print a blank version of the week planning, in Excel; rather than in PDF-format. I have made a blank copy of my report in Excel and took out the fields populated by OpenERP.

I'm looking for a solution for: Showing a button in the project_task module - without selecting a document. In other words, I want to show the print button without having selected a checkbox. This button should simply download/open an Excel file, which is the same all the time. There needs to be no data inserted from OpenERP.

How could I set up such functionality? Without jasper or aeroo reports, that is.

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 6/27/13, 1:07 PM

Add it as attachment. USe the document module to enabled attachments and use them

Thank you for your answer, Francesco, but this is not what I am looking for. This would require me to add the document as an attachment to both all existing tasks, as well as every new task.

Ideally I would like to create a button that simply downloads the specified .xls file, and isn't related to a specific document.

That is unless I can automaticaly add my attachment to the project.task throught an inherit of the "Create task on SO" module or some other way? But not in a custom binary field, because this would mean I have open the form to get to my report.

Rebel
on 6/27/13, 1:26 PM

Second me the only solution is aerro reports. Create an empty report, without placeholder and use it as a normal report. Insert a button in the form that call this report (as print button in sale order and account invoice)

Francesco OpenCode
on 6/27/13, 3:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/27/13, 8:23 AM
Seen: 2229 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM