This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to maintain a quotation copy of customer. But when we click confirm sale the quotation disappears and it become sale order.

Is it possible maintain a copy of quotation for future use?

Discard
Best Answer

you can also make a print and can maintain a quotation copy for customer.

Discard
Author

I first thought this option, but i want a copy in software.

Best Answer

Quotation is itself a sale.order. Quotation and Sale Order both have same object sale.order.

To make a copy of Quotation you have to customize it and write a code which will make a copy of Quotation when will confirm.

Discard
Author

Can you please help to solve this issue?

It's up to you how you want to solve it. You can either maintain Quotation reports as Christian said or you can make copy of Quotation when it is going to confirm.

There is another way that you can create one object named sale.order.history which will maintain Sale Quotation.

Author

What is the beat option you can suggest? Requirement:::I want to see all my quotation history. First i thought the suggetion made by Christian. Second option:::Install Document Management System module & attach the quotation.

Author

How can i see all quotation history at a time?

Author

Is this module available? Or i want to custom it?

No its not available. You have to create custom module.

Author

Can you help me to create that module? I'm not confidence in the coding part.

Author

Hi Sudhir, Any other method to solve the issue?

I see this two options right now. I don't know whether is there any other option or not.

Author

Can you help me to create sale.order.history?

"To make a copy of Quotation you have to customize it and write a code which will make a copy of Quotation when will confirm"

Is it possible to do this so that the quotation number will be the original quotation number, so the system would not create quotation with individual quotation number?