This question has been flagged
7 Replies

We are using the  Odoo Web site Builder to publish a Website.

Now we would like to hide or better remove the Sign In button which is added after the menu.

How can we do that with Odoo V8?

Discard

@Andreas, Are you using SaaS or are you running a local instance of Odoo 8.0 (RC1)?

Author

I should have mentioned that. It's Odoo 8.0 RC1 on a local installtion and not the SaaS.

Best Answer

From the top "Customize" menu, on any page of your website, you can deactivate the option 'Show Sign In'. Tested on v9, but I think it was already there in v8.

Discard
Best Answer

@Andreas,

I'd recommend taking a look at the following posts to gain some understanding of how to edit templates:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/new-bootstrap-theme-on-website-builder-58809#answer-58814

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-replace-or-over-ride-the-automatic-footer-or-header-ie-navigation-menu-in-a-custom-theme-eg-theme-clean-58776

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-do-i-edit-the-product-description-html-59745#answer-59789

If you are using the default/built-in bootswatch themes you'll need to look in this file:

/addons/website/views/website_templates.xml

and you are looking for the following snippet:

<li class="dropdown" t-ignore="true" t-if="website.user_id != user_id">
                                        <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
                                            <b>
                                                <span t-esc="user_id.name"/>
                                                <span class="caret"></span>
                                            </b>
                                        </a>
                                        <ul class="dropdown-menu js_usermenu" role="menu">
                                            <li><a href="/web" role="menuitem">My Account</a></li>
                                            <li class="divider"/>
                                            <li><a t-attf-href="/web/session/logout?redirect=/" role="menuitem">Logout</a></li>

However editing the base/core files is not recommended. It would be better to override it with a custom module. In theory you could just comment out that snippet for now, but that is not a recommended way of doing things as when you do an update for that module your changes will be wiped out.

You can see some examples of over-riding default snippets in some of the forum posts I mentioned above. If I figure out a way to do this with a module i'll post back here with instructions at a later date.

Discard
Author

thanks for the Infos. I already thougt that i could simply change the template but i hoped there is an option to deactivate the sign in button. There was version of Odoo V8 (some months ago) where i could hide the sign in button removing checkbox in the Customize Menu of the Webpage. Anyway i will comment the stuff for now.

@Andreas, You can add this functionality again by adding this: customize_show="True" to the XHTML tag that you want to show/hide. This works for any other tags you want to show/hide as an option for your custom website theme/template.

@Luke, can you elaborate on this a little more, please? Where do I modify XHTML tags?