Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can we hide the "Sign In" button on an Odoo Web Page?

By
Andreas Pohle
on 8/22/14, 6:03 AM 2,965 views

We are using the  Odoo Web site Builder to publish a Website.

Now we would like to hide or better remove the Sign In button which is added after the menu.

How can we do that with Odoo V8?

@Andreas, Are you using SaaS or are you running a local instance of Odoo 8.0 (RC1)?

Luke Branch
on 8/22/14, 7:34 AM

I should have mentioned that. It's Odoo 8.0 RC1 on a local installtion and not the SaaS.

Andreas Pohle
on 8/22/14, 7:41 AM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 8/31/16, 6:18 PM

From the top "Customize" menu, on any page of your website, you can deactivate the option 'Show Sign In'. Tested on v9, but I think it was already there in v8.

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 6 7 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 8/22/14, 7:57 AM

@Andreas,

I'd recommend taking a look at the following posts to gain some understanding of how to edit templates:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/new-bootstrap-theme-on-website-builder-58809#answer-58814

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-replace-or-over-ride-the-automatic-footer-or-header-ie-navigation-menu-in-a-custom-theme-eg-theme-clean-58776

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-do-i-edit-the-product-description-html-59745#answer-59789

If you are using the default/built-in bootswatch themes you'll need to look in this file:

/addons/website/views/website_templates.xml

and you are looking for the following snippet:

<li class="dropdown" t-ignore="true" t-if="website.user_id != user_id">
                                        <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
                                            <b>
                                                <span t-esc="user_id.name"/>
                                                <span class="caret"></span>
                                            </b>
                                        </a>
                                        <ul class="dropdown-menu js_usermenu" role="menu">
                                            <li><a href="/web" role="menuitem">My Account</a></li>
                                            <li class="divider"/>
                                            <li><a t-attf-href="/web/session/logout?redirect=/" role="menuitem">Logout</a></li>

However editing the base/core files is not recommended. It would be better to override it with a custom module. In theory you could just comment out that snippet for now, but that is not a recommended way of doing things as when you do an update for that module your changes will be wiped out.

You can see some examples of over-riding default snippets in some of the forum posts I mentioned above. If I figure out a way to do this with a module i'll post back here with instructions at a later date.

thanks for the Infos. I already thougt that i could simply change the template but i hoped there is an option to deactivate the sign in button. There was version of Odoo V8 (some months ago) where i could hide the sign in button removing checkbox in the Customize Menu of the Webpage. Anyway i will comment the stuff for now.

Andreas Pohle
on 8/22/14, 8:14 AM

@Andreas, You can add this functionality again by adding this: customize_show="True" to the XHTML tag that you want to show/hide. This works for any other tags you want to show/hide as an option for your custom website theme/template.

Luke Branch
on 10/18/14, 6:54 AM

@Luke, can you elaborate on this a little more, please? Where do I modify XHTML tags?

Fnordbedarf
on 11/17/14, 8:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/22/14, 6:03 AM
Seen: 2965 times
Last updated: 8/31/16, 6:18 PM